- To develop a system for a conscious, consistent and catalytic action for improving the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- Conducting Academic Administrative Audit (AAA), Curriculum Audit, Teacher Audit and ISO Audit for every academic year
- The IQAC reviews the teaching, learning process, structures & methodologies of operations and learning outcomes of all the programmes at periodic intervals
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality initiatives.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- Preparation of the annual academic plan for the college, action plans for departments, and teaching plan for individual faculty member.
- Analyzing all statistical data of all the activities of the institution
- Taking the lead in the introduction of Campus Automation Software
- To suggest conducting Faculty Development Programmes, sessions on Outcome Based Education
- Organizing orientation programmes for Teaching and non – teaching and administrative Staff members
- Administering Feedback Mechanism for the College
- Actively involving in all academic exercises relating to extension of autonomous status, Centre for Potential Excellence (CPE), NIRF, etc., and
- Active participation in all monthly review meetings of the departments to offer ideas for creating quality consciousness
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure of the Institution.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus on institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices
IQAC MEMBERS – 2017 – 18
COMPOSITION OF THE IQAC MEMBERS – 2017 – 18
Dr. V. Venkateswaran, Principal – STC
Senior Administrative officers
Prof. K. Sivasamy, Dean – Sciences – STC
Prof. R. Padmanabhan, Dean – Academic Affairs
Dr. A. Venkatachalam, Dean – Commerce – STC
Dr. A. Sethurama Subbiah, Director – CFRD & IAS Academy
Mr. S. Velayuthasamy, Administrative Officer – STC
Three to eight teachers
Dr. M. Elamparithi, Asst. Prof in MCA – STC
Ms. S. Shobana, Asst. Prof in MIB – STC
Mrs. K. Shobana, Asst. Prof in BBA – STC
Mr. S. Dhanaraj, Asst. Prof in B.Sc(IT) – STC
Mr. C. Sivaraj, Asst. Prof in B.Com. (CA) – STC
Mr. B. Shankar Anand, Asst. Prof in MSW – STC
Mr. V. Suresh Kumar, Asst. Prof in MBA – STC
Dr. T. Kannan, Asst. Prof in B.Com (PA) – STC
One member from the Management
Ln. T. Sethupati, Secretary – STC
One / two nominees from local society / Students and Alumni
Dr. Chandrasekar, Edupreneur, Coimbatore
Ms. C. Priyadharshini , III MCA
Mr. D. Gowtham, Dept. of MBA, (2013-15 Batch), HR – Executives, Tiger Analytics, Chennai
One / two nominees from Employees / Industrialists / stakeholders
R. Uma, IQAC – Coordinator, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore – 641048
O. A. Balasubramaniam, Senior Vice President – IT, Roots Industries India Ltd., Coimbatore – 6
V. Balaji, Director, M/s. Sarathy Agencies, Coimbatore Road, Pollachi – 642001
One of the senior teachers as the coordinator / Director of the IQAC
Dr. V. Anuratha, Associate. Prof in MCA – STC
Mr. S. Venkkatesh, Chairman, Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College, Pollachi – 642 107
Ln. M. A. Vijayamoghan, Vice Chairman, Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College, Pollachi – 642 107
Dr. M. Settu, Director General, Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College, Pollachi – 642 107
Mr. S. V. Sreekanth, Director – STC
Mr. V. Hariprakash Vimal Kumar, Director – STC
Mr. P. T. S. Maheshwar, Director – STC
Dr. N. Yasodhadevi, Principal, PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Peelamedu, Coimbatore – 641 004.
Mr. P. M. Jegadeesan, Vice President – Corporate HR, Sara ELGI groups, Post Box No 7113, “Elgi Towers”, 737D Puliyakulam Road, Puliyakulam, Coimbatore – 641 045
Mr. Sujeth Sukumaran, Manager, Federal Bank, Pollachi
Dr. A. M. Natarajan, Co – Convener, Education & III Panel, CII Coimbatore
FROM COORDINATOR'S DESK
As a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure prescribed by NAAC, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in 2007 at Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College. The IQAC being an integral part of the college works towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement by developing a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in different functioning areas of the institution.
The IQAC assures its stakeholders, the funding agencies and society in general accountability and transparency in the quality management system and its concern for imparting quality education.
As such, Internal Quality Assurance System is a step towards achieving excellence in all aspects of education at higher level. The IQAC at STC organises orientation programmes for faculty, administrative staff and members of quality circle. It has a mechanism for faculty assessment through student feedback for quality enhancement and sustenance in terms of improvement in teaching, learning and research experience in the college. It monitors the maintenance of reports and documents as an evidence for the multifarious activities of the college. A continuous follow up has been made on infrastructural resources of the college to ensure adequate, appropriate and better facilities for a conducive environment for teaching, learning and research experiences. With great responsibility to ensure quality, IQAC happens to be the one of the most important components of the college.
With Best Wishes
Dr. V. Anuratha, MCA, M.Phil., Ph.D.,
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College, Pollachi, Tamilnadu – 642 107
Tel: 91 4259 266 009
- Annual Quality Assurance Report for the Period July 2013 to June 2014
- Annual Quality Assurance Report for the Period July 2014 to June 2015
- Annual Quality Assurance Report for the Period July 2015 to June 2016
- Annual Quality Assurance Report for the Period July 2016 to June 2017
IQAC Annual Reports