STC is one among the leading Institutions offering AICTE approved MCA programme in the Pollachi Education District. Fourteen (14) batches of students have successfully passed out and the Alumni are well placed in reputed companies of software industry.
The basic objective of MCA at STC is to create a set of capable Computer Professionals required for the industry and business sector from among the youth of rural and less affordable society. To create a smart and capable human resource, one needs to develop the skill in the youth beyond the syllabus and train them to apply the knowledge to real life. Beyond this, a real human resource is one which should be a right combination of KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM and COMPASSION.
The MCA programme at STC is thus a process of converting the students in to professional experts out of the ordinary youth community. In the process of developing a capable human resource, MCA at STC adopts unique teaching learning system, combining theory, practice, internal seminars, assignments, etc., with great emphasis on Laboratory training and Summer Project Work and internship.
In the process of producing professional Programmer, System Analyst, Software Engineer, MCA has allotted 100 hours for Soft Skills, Technical and Quantitative Aptitude, Communication, Group Discussion, Seminar, Quiz, etc. MCA is also supported by the service of the vibrant Placement centre and the alumni of STC who are placed in leading companies like Honeywell, US Technologies, iGate, Digital Mesh, Astra Infotech, Mphasis, Dexterity, HP, CTS, TCS, WIPRO, Accenture, HCL, Infosys, Bosch, etc.,
FROM HOD'S DESK
Head, PG Computer Application
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College,
Pollachi – 642107
E-mail : email@example.com
Greetings to you!
It has always been an immense joy for me and also an honor to serve you. The social purpose of the MCA at STC is to create capable Computer Professionals required for the IT and other related industry. To create a team of capable human resource, one needs to develop the technical and other skill sets in the youth beyond the contents of the syllabus and train them in the process of application of knowledge in real life. For developing such professional skills in youth it is necessary to transform them into creative and innovative persons capable enough to perform anything very effectively as expected. “The MCA Programme at STC is thus a process of evolving a “Professional Experts” out of ordinary students”. The program is designed to sharpen the skills and enhance the knowledge base of the students through curricular and co-curricular activities and by the dedicated services of our core faculty who not only keep themselves on par with the current developments but also contribute their knowledge to the field. As a prospective student, each one of you is most welcome to explore the options that are available to you in the department of MCA.
To develop the youth into computer professionals through right exposure and inculcate in them a social commitment with better placement opportunity and innovative capabilities.
To emerge as one among the Best Schools of Computer Applications recognized at the National and International levels.
To offer world class education with the provision of good infrastructure and a team of well qualified and experienced teachers for producing graduates with global competency and mastery over the subjects in Computer Applications.
- To acquire high academic credentials
- Updation of knowledge and skills in the field of advanced technologies and computer applications
- To procure industry tie-ups
- To offer maximum placement opportunities
- To be a centre for Excellence, Training, Research and Consultancy
- To develop the youth with social commitments
Activities of the department of MCA
- Knowledge enhancement through problem based learning
- Teaching through ICT tools
- Wi-Fi and Smart Board enabled class room
- Case studies, Journal and Book Reviews
- 80% teaching and 20% self-Learning through student seminars
- Exclusive computer lab with high speed internet connection
- One month Industry Internship training with Mini Projects
- Guest Lectures by experts from industry and reputed institutions
- Regular visits to industries
- Advisory Committee members from Industry and experts from reputed Academic institution
- Visiting professors for knowledge enhancement and value addition
- Student Mentorship and Team Goals
- Personal skills development through Talent sprint and Communication skills through Wordsworth
- 6 months in-planned project for each student in industry
- Involvement of students in Research and Consultancy projects
- The Students Association (STACS) to enrich organizing skills of students and develop leadership traits in them.