The Department of Commerce (Professional Accounting) was established in the year 2012. Our department aims at providing Professional knowledge in the field of accounting, taxation and corporate laws. In order to maintain the standard of education, the department constantly upgrades the academic syllabi so as to keep the students well trained to deal with changing trends in the accounting field.
The students of this program can also simultaneously take up ACA / ACMA/ ACS Programs. After successful completion of the Program B.Com (PA) the option available for the students is that they can take up M.Com / MIB/ / M.Com (CA) / MBA / MCA programs.
FROM HOD'S DESK
Head of the Department
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College,
Pollachi – 642107
E-mail : email@example.com
In higher education the only safe and better way to improve the quality of undergraduate education is to introduce academic program which enable the students to enhance the employability in the corporate sector. So with advent of autonomy we have introduced B.Com (Professional Accounting) during the year 2012. The Programme has potential for meeting higher standard with new courses of study. This program was framed with a flexible curriculum suitably to feed the requirement of the corporate world with its own methods of teaching, examinations and evaluations. Curriculum includes the syllabi of Professional Programmes like CA, CMA and ACS which facilitate them to take up this programme concurrently along with a chance of taking M.Com, M.Com (IB), and M.B.A. Parallel coaching given for doing ACMA and ACS course at foundation level through CMA Students Support Centre in our college. The various career opportunities after completion of B.Com (PA) are as follows: Financial Analyst, Tax and Insurance Consultants, Bankers, BPO / KPO Professionals and Government jobs through UPSC, TNPSC etc
- Promote and increase the knowledge, skill and proficiency of students in accounting and financial management skills
- Exposing the students to the practical field of Accounting.
- Uniquely designed to create accounting / finance professionals
- To keep the students in constant touch with the happening taking place globally with the proper use of internet
- Practice the professional and ethical requirements of the profession
- Encourage participation in professional activities and organizations at School, university, state, national, and international levels
- 100 Percent placement
- Com (Professional Accounting) is designed for students who wish to pursue a carrier in accounting and finance in industry or commerce.
- To prepare the students aspiring to become chartered
- To mould the students to become quality finance professionals with a strong accounting knowledge.
- To familiarise with current corporate practices in accounting and finance.
- To Develop Communication, Professional and Leadership Skills of Students.
- To facilitate the aspirants to take up ACA, ACMA & ACS