About the Club
Red Ribbon Club (RRC) Aims at harnessing the potential of the youth by equipping them with correct information on mental health, substance abuse, nutrition and reproductive health and building their capacities as peer educators in spreading messages on the positive health behaviour in an enabling environment. Educating youth and other members in the wider community on sexuality and HIV/AIDS, development of life skills for students involved, and instilling a spirit of compassion towards people living with HIV/AIDS in our country.
To reduce the occurrence of new sexually transmitted infections (incidence), particularly HIV, among youth and to inculcate blood donation among youth.
- To increase awareness on sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS
- To impart skills on communication, self-protection, negotiation, and effective group interaction
- To prepare youth as peer educators/agents of change by developing their skills on leadership and team building.
- To encourage blood donations
- To serve as forums for students to participate in the fight against HIV/AIDS
Co-ordinator: Mr.P.John Leeson – Asst. Professor of Social Work
Activates in our College
- By involving the members of Red Ribbon Club of the college, we conduct AIDS/HIV Awareness programmes, Cultural Events and so many other activities for the benefit of our students and also for the general public in the adopted villages by inviting Doctors and AIDS affected people.
- We organize Blood Donation Camps by involving Government Hospital Blood Bank officials. On an average, we donate at least 130 units of blood every year from our volunteers.