To Strengthen the State Missionary by providing competent energetic youth force through competitive examinations for good governance.
- To train and groom the aspirants from the very beginning of their graduation.
- To inculcate the skill, knowledge and techniques.
- To crack the civil services examinations
- To sensitize them to imbibe values to give a honest and clean administration and thereby bringing laurels not only to STC but also Tamil Nadu as a whole.
Following are the main objectives o STC-IAS Academy.
- To motivate the students to enter into Government services through competitive examinations
- To identify the inherent talents and potentials of the students and mould them in such a way to excel in the field of their interest.
- To prepare the students to face competitive examinations at all levels based o the need, requirement and interest of the aspirants.
- To develop the personality of the students grooming them in such away to cope up with any adverse situations and to come up life.
- To train the students to understand the ground reality of the state and the nation and to act with integrity, dedication and sincerity and there by proving themselves as a real ‘servants’ of the people if selected for any of the Government services.
Gone are the days elites only opting for civil service examinations. The notion that cracking civil services examinations is meant for the affluent and those who are urbanites and have studied in English medium schools proved to be a myth. One could have seen in the dailies the success stories of Mr.Ilambahavath, Mr.VeeraPandian, Mr.Karthik who have won laurels in the civil services examinations with minimal socio economic background and from typical rural hamlets. Thus a constant and consistent effort with proper guidance would land the rural youth also in the most cherished band of super humans and in order to cater the needs of the students who aspire for IAS/IPS/IFS/ examinations, STC management has started an exclusive coaching centre for the aspirants of competitive examinations conducted by UPSC and TNPSC. The prime aim of this Academy is to provide a complete solution to the students preparing for IAS exam STC-IAS Academy offers a subsidised educational service to the students and imparts comprehensive training-cum-guidance program which cover all the stages of civil services examination i.e. Preliminary Examination (the objective type screening test); Main examination (the descriptive type written test) and the Interview.. The focus is on providing holistic education not only covering the prescribed syllabus but also enabling the students to face other challenges of life with an equal ease. The academy is also focusing on the Group IV, II and I TNPSC examinations which are going to held shortly. The Board of Management is very keen on the success rate of the academy and hence provided a conducive environment with a full-fledged exclusive library and ICT tools in the classes .It gives a cutting edge to ‘STCians’ over other students with regard to competitive examinations. I’m confident that our academy will mould the students to excel in the forth coming competitive examinations conducted both by Central and State agencies. I take this opportunity to invite the ‘STCians’ to make use of this wonderful chance to get placement in Government services.
Two of our students have cleared VAO Examination held on February 2016 and are awaiting for the certificate verification.
|S.No||Name of the Student||Department|
|1||S.Deepak||II BSc Mathematics|
Currently 52 students have been admitted for the academic year 2016-17. The Board of Management is kind enough to provide ICT tools, separate library in which dailies, magazines and journals are going to be subscribed apart from procuring NCERT & ‘Samacheer’ syllabi books for all subjects and previous year solved papers , Competitive wizard books for the benefit of students. For a seamless functioning of the academy Prof.A.Sethuramasubbiah , a senior professor from Bharathiar University with a passion towards training has been appointed as the Director of this prestigious academy.
- Inviting motivational speakers to address the aspirants at regular intervals
- Organizing special classes on specific subjects with Resource Persons /experts from outside ,at least once in a month.
- TNPSC has notified Group IV examination and is going to be held on 6th of Nov.2016. Hence it is planned to conduct fast track classes for the aspirants on Saturdays and Sundays only and also decided to fix a nominal fee for the said course in consultation with the Board.
- As we are committed to the society, the activities of the academy may also be extended to the outsiders who aspire for the competitive examinations. Hence a request is placed before the Board to consider this plea after analyzing the pros and cons of admitting the outsiders.
- We are preparing a handbook for our academy with syllabi of the Competitive examinations for the benefit of the aspirants.
- Using ICT tools is very common and hence it is decided to adopt e learning process in our academy. For seamless conduct of class and to make the classes more interesting, we request the Board to provide a LCD projector and a laptop exclusively for the academy. Apart from these electronic gadgets, we are in need of a white board for beaming the OCD output and for writing purpose wherever needed.