To ensure self-sufficiency and sustainable development in the neighbouring communities by blending the local resources with advanced technology and enlighten the local rural folk to take this advantage through self initiative and active participation for their own upliftment.
- To improve the living standards of the locals through proper utilization of available natural and human resources.
- To promote agriculture and allied activities with latest technologies
- To empower the women folk through Unnath Bharath Abiyan.
- To encourage the habit of judicious use of rural socio-economic infrastructure such as rural banks, co-operatives, schools etc.
- To ensure health and sanitation through Swatch Bharath Abiyan .
- To coordinate with the local authorizes for better implementation of Government schemes and for the judicious deployment of human resources under MNREGS.
- To Sensitize the students by exposing them to the real situations and involve them in welfare activities there by inculcating the moral obligations, social values and to train them in planning, organizing and execution of events and programmes.
Mahatma Gandhi said that ‘India lives in her villages’.. Though the State has the ultimate responsibility to uplift these villages and their inhabitants, many a time these welfare and developmental activities are shouldered by the CBOs, NGOs , philanthropists and Corporate in the name of CSR. As we all know that our Board of Management of Management has an inherent philosophy of concern for the society in general passion for rural development in specific. With this ideal the Centre for Rural Development was established in 2011 to indentify the left over areas of development in the villages in and around Pollachi and Udumalaipettai areas. The major focus of this centre is socio economic development ,health and hygiene, empowerment of the marginalized and downtrodden. In this journey the ‘STCians’ are the messiah who take the initiatives of this centre to the needy and deserved. ‘ STCians’ are camphor who ,when given an opportunity, will get the essence instantly and execute the programme with a positive mindset which gives positive results. The Board has given me the opportunity to enter into an MoU with Tamilnadu Agricultural University to cater the needs of the villagers by way of agricultural innovative practices and improved live- stock rearing .I’m confident that with the moral support of the Board of Management , foresighted initiatives of CfRD and active participation of the Faculty and students the dream of the Father of the nation and the philosophy of STC would be achieved within a time frame without any doubt. The core idea behind our activities is mainly to groom the youth with service mentality and to develop their personality so as to make them better citizens.
Mr. S.Venkkatesh Chairman, STC
Lion.M.A.Vijayamoghan Vice – Chairman, STC
Lion.T.Sethupati Secretary, STC
Dr.M.Settu Director, General, STC
SME Relationship Manager, Federal Bank Ltd
Managing Trustee, Native Medicare Charitable Trust
Ex-Lion’s International President.
General Manager, Sakthi Soyas Ltd.,Pollachi.
So far the centre has organized 20 free eye camps in association with M/s Aravind Eye Hospitals, Coimbatore .
- Number of Patients treated : 2786
- Number underwent cataract surgery : 326