The PG Department of Mathematics is one of the major departments in the college and has been in the forefront, providing quality education and training in the field for the past seven years. Adhering to the vision and mission of the college, the department has been striving to achieve its objectives while providing a holistic learning environment to its students.
The introduction of the Post graduate course is in 2010, M Phil (Part time) and Ph D (Part Time) programme in 2011, M Phil (Full Time) and Ph D (Full Time) in 2012.
FROM HOD'S DESK
Dr.O.V.Shanmuga Sundaram M.Sc., PGDCA., B.Ed., M.Phil (CS), M.Phil(Maths), PhD
Associate Professor & Head – PG Mathematics
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College
Pollachi – 642 107
Mail id : [email protected]
- The Department of Mathematics originated along the inception of Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College, one of the Premier Institution in 1997.
- It was upgraded in the year 2004 with B.Sc.(Mathematics). It was expanded with flying colours with the introduction of M.Sc.(Mathematics) in 2010, M.Phil.(Part Time) and Ph.D (Part Time) programme in 2011, M.Phil.(Full Time) and Ph.D (Full Time) programme in 2012.
- The motto of our department is to provide quality education and employability for our students.
- The department offers two programs Post–graduate and M.Phil. leading to a degree of Ph.D. in the discipline of Mathematics.
- While learning, we coach them for NET/SET exams, which is must for entering teaching profession in Colleges and Universities.
- The course “Quantitative Aptitude and Verbal Reasoning” offered in PG Mathematics increases the employability skills in Banking, LIC, and Railways etc.
- To become a premier research department, motivating research culture.
- To promote departmental and interdepartmental research.
To organize, connect, create and communicate mathematical Concepts effectively through 4D’s- Dedication, Determination, Discipline and Direction.
- To enhance the logical and analytic skills in solving problems.
- To inculcate research culture among the students right from the UG courses.
- To kindle interest in learning Mathematics.
- To throw light on the importance of Maths in the students’ career and various job opportunities available for them.
- To mould them as disciplined citizens of the nation.