- Knowledge Enhancement through Problem Based Learning
- Teaching through ICT tools
- Guest Lectures by experts from Reputed institutions and industry
- Advisory Committee members from Industry Experts and Reputed Academic institutions
- Student Mentorship
- Inter-personal skills development through Talent sprint , Communication skills development through Wordsworth
- The Students Association (OMNI MATHS) is for the students, by the students and of the students. It helps to bring out the hidden talents.
FROM HOD'S DESK
Head of the Department
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College,
Pollachi – 642107
Email: [email protected]
- The Department of Mathematics was established in 1997 along with the inception of the college and upgraded in the year 2004 by offering B.Sc (Maths) course. Apart from the regular papers the department also offers Job Oriented Course namely “Mathematics for competitive examinations” for all undergraduate courses.
- The Department is safely guarded by the wings of renowned Dean Prof.K.Sivasamy. The members of the faculty are highly dedicated and they motivate the students for developing employability skills and research attitude.
- The Department strives hard to inculcate human values through Ethics and Culture classes.
- “Student’s Knowledge Forum” of Mathematics Department develops leadership skills, communication skills and knowledge, among the students.
- The department provides its students with a number of opportunities to develop their overall personality by participating in the various Curricular, Co-Curricular and Cultural activities held throughout the year.
- Sound faculty in Sound Department is our motto
- To keep updating the knowledge of the faculty by all means
- To produce students with knowledge, wisdom, ethics, employability skills and research attitude
- To become a premier center, promoting Mathematics locally and globally
- To provide necessary background
- For producing a meaningful career in Mathematics and related fields
- For acquiring, mathematical skills and employability skills
- To make our students responsible citizens of our Nation
- To make 100% placement to our students in IT field, Educational institutions and Government sectors
- To encourage the faculty to pursue research activities
- To motivate the Students to pursue higher studies