B.Com programme is being run since the inception of STC during 1997
Students are given specialization in Management studies, Information Technology and Law which will help them to pursue higher studies like CA, ACS, M.Com, MBA, MCA, AICWA, MIB, MSW etc.,
Students’ Seminars, Group discussions and remedial classes are conducted to improve students’ academic performance and communicative skills.
Eminent personalities from academic, Industry, and Corporate are invited regularly for guest lectures to enrich and supplement students knowledge.
Regularly E-Assignments are given to students. Accounting Package Tally has been introduced in the stream to enrich the accounting skill sets of the students.
Students subscribe to The Hindu newspaper and topics of the importance are being discussed inside the class during the special hours. To gain practical knowledge students are taken out for industry visits.
FROM HOD'S DESK
Dr.I.Siddiq, M.Com., M.Phil., PGDCA., MBA, NET., Ph.D.
Head & Assistant Professor
E-mail : [email protected]
STC offers and supports a unique system of education well structured on values and wisdom combining the tenets of academic excellence with corporate professionalism.
The primary objective of Commerce education at Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College is to create Accounting Professionals in the corporate sector, entrepreneurs, academicians, researchers and professionals who could contribute to the development of society and the nation at large. We are committed to maintaining high academic standards and preparing our students to secure suitable employment on graduation. At the same time we believe that commerce students of STC should develop as individuals, gaining self-confidence and courage to face any tough situation in their profession and life.
The objective of the department is to ensure the creation of a generation of complete graduates, whose mind and heart are equally developed to withstand any undaunted and turbulent situation the nation might face.
Our teaching pedagogy, library and infrastructure facilities and other USPs will support the students throughout the period of study to develop career opportunities as well as unfold individual personality. Besides there are value-added courses to enhance career potential, learning at its best in a peaceful atmosphere, to ensure as it obtains at STC in a conducive learning environment.
The Bachelor of Commerce is a career-oriented degree programme which provides a foundation to the students in all aspects of commerce. The curriculum of B.Com programme focuses on Accountancy, Tax, Banking, Finance and Insurance so that the students become the nearest approximation to perfect commerce graduates
- To develop a centre of excellence for commerce education, training and research.
To materialize the vision, the Department of B.Com focuses on the following:
- To materialize the vision, the Department of B.Com focuses on the following:
- To provide the best knowledge and offer practical training to students in the field of commerce.
- To continuously evaluate the performance against benchmarking institution.
- To groom students with IT skills and values for global competency and transform them into ideal citizens of our country.
- To enhance students quality for better placements.
- To develop communication, professional and leadership skill sets of students as a continuous process
- To offer coaching for CA, ACMA & ACS for making commerce graduates as a professionals.