STC is the first institution to offer AICTE approved MBA program in the Pollachi Education District. Thirteen (13) batches of students have successfully passed out and are well-placed in reputed organizations. The purpose of MBA at STC is to provide the rural youth with skills to excel in the area of business administration, in general and in entrepreneurship, in particular. This program enhances a student’s leadership qualities with appropriate training, assignments, reports, presentations, and projects that replicate real life situations thereby enabling students to utilize their skills in handling actual business situations.
Along with professional knowledge MBA at STC also helps the students with personal development as this program has earmarked a thrust for soft skills development like Business Communication, Group Discussion, Management Games, Quiz, Current Affairs and General Knowledge, etc by professional trainers from Chennai, Bangalore Hyderabad and other metros. The MBA program at STC also incorporates practical teaching of business concepts and strategies by including two months (eight weeks) industry internship and a full-fledged project work of a minimum of 2 weeks. Business information analysis from leading business publications and assignments, industry analysis through top-end industry database software, market surveys, visits to major industries, value added training like Tally, Six Sigma, etc. are some of the other unique features of the MBA at STC program.
Another important advantage of the MBA program at STC is the network of business relationships with the various industries and experts from corporate. Students gain this exposure through their participation with Coimbatore Management Association events and through Industry Visits. These contacts formed an integral part of the MBA program at STC and are valuable resources which can be continued even after completion of their programme. With facilities for independent study and group centric interaction, presentations and case study analysis,
Other than creating endless number of job opportunities in the market centric world economy, MBA at STC enhances one’s understanding about the tentative risks that can shake a business. Additionally, STC has a supportive placement team who have placed the past alumni in leading companies like Ford, Cadburys, ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential, IDBI, Kotak Mahendra, Reliance Insurance, Indian Plywood, Nestle, HDFC, RBS, Larsen & Toubro, Toyota, Mahendra Satyam, Suguna Poultry, Premier Mills, etc.,
Dr. R. Rajkumar, M.Com., MBA., M.Phil., B.Ed., PGDCA., Ph.D.,
Director, Management Studies
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College,
Pollachi – 642107
Dr. R. Rajkumar is a quality oriented professional with more than two decades of expertise in all the areas of Commerce and Management education. He is also visiting professor at leading B-schools in India. His career has mainly been devoted to teaching and to a broad range of management responsibilities. He has published (around 30) and presented (around 25) several research papers in national and international conferences, journals, magazines, newspapers and promoted concepts and ideas in various academic forums. He is Guest Editor, member of the Editorial Board and Reviewer for refereed International Research Journals. He served as Senior Faculty in Bahrain Training Institute Kingdom of Bahrain for two and half years. He also served as a member of the subject expert committee to review MBA/BBA curriculum in some of the Autonomous College in India.His academic experience spans training and consultancy assignments in the areas of Investment Management, Mutual Funds, Financial Markets and Financial Services. He has successfully organized more than 10 Management Development Programmes for leading companies.
- Designing & Developing new courses and curriculum as per industry requirement
- Conducting applied research and undertaking consultancy assignments
- Financial Analysis and Modelling
- Information sourcing and its effective use as per requirement
- Skills of making things simple
- Skills of Networking and Team development and Innovation
- In-depth knowledge of dynamics of the financial markets & have strong analytical skills
- Skills of Financial analysis
FROM HOD'S DESK
Dr.B.Thayumanavar MA.,MBA.,M.Phil.,PGDCA.,NET.,Ph.D., FDP IIM-I
Head, PG Management Science
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College,
Pollachi – 642107
Dear Aspirants and Well Wishers,
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College (STC) is the first institution in the Pollachi Education District to provide an MBA program approved by the AICTE. Since then, sixteen batches of students have passed out from the MBA program and all of them are well-placed in companies of repute. In the year 2009-10, we have enhanced the students’ intake to 120 to cater to the increasing demand for the MBA program.
. The objective of MBA @ STC is to imbibe into the students all the basic principles of Management; build into them adequate theoretical knowledge on various core disciplines of management science; creating in them the root and stem of specializations; consolidate the thus acquired knowledge into practical skills through value based education and training for continuously acquiring knowledge, skill and wisdom and also discharge his/her social responsibility to the community at large.
At STC, we not only prepare MBA graduates for jobs but also equip them with professional skills for their successful career. The MBA program at STC integrates theory with practice. Our six weeks internship exercise facilitates hands-on learning to all our students to know actual corporate requirements. The other highlights of the program are that we organize CEO Meet and HR Meet every year for an update on the practices of the corporate world.
With a view to enhancing employment opportunities and with aegis of Coimbatore Productivity Council, we have introduced a course, namely Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations (PGDPM & IR) during the year 2013-14, which is a recognized course of study by Government of Tamilnadu to become Labour Welfare Officer in business houses. Our students also have to undergo six weeks rigorous internship at reputed organizations such as Lucas TVS, L&T, E&Y, Suguna Foods, Roots Industries, Canara Bank, TTK Prestige, etc., As a real gem in our crown, our Student Chapter of Coimbatore Management Association was honored with “Best Student Chapter” during the year 2011 and our students are regular recipients of “Best Student Award” among the CMA Chapter Colleges. We are also associated with National Institute of Personnel Management, (NIPM) Coimbatore Chapter to give a fillip for our HR activities.
In short, we transform young graduates into budding managers and responsible citizens over the period.
“Learn to Lead”
- To evolve and offer an MBA Programme that will impart cutting-edge professional competencies and character to the students.
- To facilitate quality Internships and Career Placements.
- To continuously improve upon all educational processes including curriculum design and development, pedagogy, evaluation and teacher-student relationships.
- To develop joint initiatives with Industry through Research and Consultancy projects and other activities.
- To foster and sustain an intellectually vibrant and socially cordial culture to enable all-round excellence of the department.
- To build mutually beneficial relationships with the local communities and contribute to their holistic development, and
- To leverage upon the strong department-alumni relationship for the growth and reputation of the institution.
- To develop the MBA Programme into a process of imparting adequate knowledge with appropriate skills.
- To facilitate quality placement.
- To continuously improve the Teaching-Learning Process.
- To develop Industry – Institute Interaction through Research & Consultancy.
- To create a conducive climate for healthy teacher – student relationship.
Electives – Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Services, Operations, Systems
- PGDPM&IR (Sponsored by The Coimbatore Productivity Council)