PG Department of Commerce (International Business) was established in the year 2004. M.Com (International Business) programme, currently run by the department as per the guidelines of Bharathair University, was previously known as Master of International Business (MIB)
The two-year M.Com (International Business) program is laying a special focus on the several aspects of International Business operations including International Marketing, Brand Management, International Financial Management, International Human Resource Management, Foreign Trade Procedures, Documentation etc.
The program offers a unique opportunity for students to learn all aspects of International Business in a dynamic learning environment for them to have a bright future with decent placements and several opportunities.
The main objective of the programme is to develop students suitable enough for multi-level managerial positions and opportunities in the field of international business. It is designed to equip students with the skills-sets and capabilities which would enable them to reach responsible global positions in international business operations of any organization. Our students undertake careers in business organizations that might operate at multinational level. Elective courses have been introduced by step ladder method and the main focus is on International Logistics Management and International Services Marketing.
FROM HOD'S DESK
Mr.S.Nagarajan, MIB., M.Phil (IB)., MBA.,NET.,
Head – PG Commerce (International Business)
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College,
Pollachi – 642 107
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
M.Com (International Business)
The two-year M.Com (International Business) program is laying a special focus on the aspects of International Business operations including International Marketing and Brand Management, International Financial Management, International Human Resource Management, Foreign Trade Procedures and Documentation.
The program offers a unique opportunity for students to learn all aspects of International Business in a dynamic learning environment for them to have a bright future.
Guest lecturers are being arranged to make students learn the recent developments in International Business by using the services of Industry and Government officials of various export promotion councils. The Resource persons are invited from Apparel Export Promotion Councils, Export Credit Guarantee Corporation Limited(ECGC), RBI, Coir Board, Spices Board, Freight Forwarders Association, Marine Insurance, Forex Managers of Leading Banks, SEBI, Custom house agents etc.
Workshops are arranged to learn Foreign Trade Procedures and Documentation with the services of authorized customs house agents.
Industry/Institutions/Government Organizations Visits arranged by the departments to the students for the purpose of giving practical knowledge. Our students have so far visited the following Units – BSE Mumbai, NSE Mumbai, RA Podar College of Commerce and Economics Mumbai, JNPT Mumbai, Coir Board, IIFT-WTO Centre, International Expo in Pragathi Maidhan, Mothers diary New Delhi, Parle-G Factory in New Delhi, MEPZ Thambaram Chennai, AEPC Tirupur, Nethaji Apparel Park Tirupur, SCM Knits Tirupur, Standard International –Karur, Tuticorin Port Trust, Ramesh Flowers Export Tuticorin , SPIC Tuticorin, Anna Aluminum Factory Cochin, TAFE Cochin, Gasha Steels Coimbatore, Ayurveda Factory Coimabore, ICD Coimbatore , Athi Annam Coirs Pollachi, Kumaran Coirs Pollachi,
Our Alumni are working in various Companies namely; Freight India Logistics, Standard Chartered Scope International, HCL, HDFC Bank, Aviva Insurance, Shree Ram Finance, Reliance Trends, India Info line, Asian Paints, Kodak Securities, Ashok Leyland Logistics. ICICI BANK, SBI, Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank, South Indian Bank
Faculties of M.Com (International Business):
- Every faculty member of M.Com (IB) department is qualified with SET/NET.
- Average experience of the faculty members is not less than 10 years.
- Four of our Faculty members have completed UGC Sponsored Minor Projects.
- Faculty members of the department have been inducted as members of the Board of Studies of several colleges.
To make globally competent business executives in the field of International Business
To materialize the vision, the Department of M.Com (IB) focuses on the following:
- To enlighten the students and instill their research aptitude
- To educate fundamental concepts and relevant knowledge with application skills in the domain of International Business operations.
- To impart quality education and value additions in association with recognized institutions and reputed industries at national and International level.
- To infuse ethical, social and spiritual values for making valuable citizens towards national building
- To develop students with adequate knowledge and adequate skills.
- To offer training and quality placement.
- To continuously improve the Teaching-Learning Process and Research.
- To develop Industry – Institute Interaction through MoUs.