It is two-year, an intensive postgraduate course in finance and accounting and distributed over four semesters. This programme amplifies hand-on experiences. As a result, includes corporate internship during the third semester and a comprehensive project work during the fourth semester. The programme covers all major areas relating to Finance, Accounting and Taxation, besides allied fields such as economics, operation research and international business. M.Com Programme was established in the year 2003 and received the Best Department award in the year 2010-2011 and 2013-14.
All the faculty members are Ph.D holders and have over 16 years of teaching experience. This is one of the esteemed programme in the country. The Alumni of this programme are well placed across globally in the various streams of fields such in business, academics and administration. The programme has been receiving attention from the industry since the establishment and serves the purpose of industry which paves the way industry-academic partnership. More importantly, the programme serves the needs of academics and prepares students for research and teaching.
FROM HOD'S DESK
Dr. R. Gayathri M. Com, M. Phil, PGDCA, MBA, Ph.D,
Associate Professor and Head,
Sree Saraswathi Thyagaraja College,
Pollachi – 642 107
- Department provides in-depth knowledge to the students in the area of Finance.
- Encourages research in the field of Marketing, Finance and Human Resource Management.
- Offers quality education through ICT tools and to undertake research.
- Students are encouraged to undergo practical training in different industries to get hands-on experience to become employable.
- Department offers practical training for business communication skills through words worth Lab and provides training for placement and Tally – certificate programme with GST
Here’s a look at how students can benefit from the M.Com programme at STC
- Caters manpower needs of companies in Accounting, Taxation, Auditing and Financial Analysis & Management.
- Prepares students for professions in the field of Accountancy- as Chartered Accountant, Costs Accountant, Experts in Financial markets and in banks.
- Includes dynamic finance and commerce concepts in the M.Com curriculum.
- For students who want to pursue higher studies in the field of commerce, one of the best choices after B.Com is the M.Com degree offered by STC
Become a centre for Academic Excellence with absolute Commitment to Quality Education in commerce with finance specialisation.
- To train the students as finance professionals and entrepreneurs with ethical values
- To strengthen the programme in the area of research aiming at social relevance
- Enhancing Employability skills through Activity Based learning
- Providing holistic development of students.
The broad objective of this Programme is to impart knowledge and skills through training in various aspects of business and environment. The Programme is committed to develop managerial and analytical skills that will prepare the students to meet the challenges of the industry at the global level. Following are the other specific objective of the programme.
- To Produce 100% results and 100% placements.
- To groom as competent students with knowledge and skills in manufacturing, finance and service sector and to become an entrepreneur at the global level.
- To prepare postgraduate students with the global understanding in the field of commerce using IT.